“Though shall not covet thy neighbors things says the Lord God Almighty of Hosts.”
Today. Ministers, Pastors, leaders of God Almighty, in all Christ’s churches have used very diplomatic, cunning, manipulative and human wisdom, understanding and knowledgeable ways of the embezzlement of God’s money that is supposed to be used for the works of God, which they collected from writing their unending books, enticing and hypnoses the believers of Christ to force themselves and go beyond their means to buy the books that their leaders have written, thinking that these books are to propagate and do the works of God, but in contrary, these manipulative leaders come out like lambs pretending to propagate God’s kingdom. But alas! The money that they have collected or rather embezzled from the meagre earnings of the believers of Christ from the sale of these books and their unlimited wares go to the building of mansions for the Pastors and leaders of the churches to live the lives of millionaires and selfish lifestyle. Whatever the views of these robbers of Jesus Christ’s churches, this is called covetousness according to the word of God Almighty. From the time of Moses to the time of the apostles of Jesus Christ trillions of books were written but none of them were sold. The books or epistles were passed from one church to the other even at the time that there was no electricity or printing press like we have today.
There is nothing wrong whatsoever in writing books to explain the word of God to the churches if it is directed by the Holy Spirit, but to use the money accumulated for personal uses has become covetousness. To live the lives of luxury at the expense of the saints of Jesus Christ is more and nothing less than abominations, stealing robbing by tricks. These ministers of Jesus Christ may not realize what writing unending books for sale, tea shirts, cups, clothes, jewellery, and many more things and selling them higher than even the world’s prices, just because they printed God is good, God loves you, Jesus Christ loves you, Jesus my healer, and many more blackmailing the saints of Christ to buy them is contrary to God’s commandments.for, they have brain washed the saints of Jesus Christ that the Ten Commandments are obsolate and there by can do any wrong. Yes we are not saved by the Ten Commandments but they are still useful for all believers of Jesus Christ in all our daily lives. God wrote these commandments in our hearts so that the Holy Spirit will always remind us to live our daily lives in holiness unto God Almighty and Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
The writers or authors of the books of the Bible from Genesis to revelation wrote 66 books and none of these books were sold. The epistles of the apostles were written in many painful situations, deplorable conditions, in the prisons, inside caves, they were flogged, beaten, burnt and even be headed for writing these books, yet they were not sold. There were no printing machines then, all the books of the bible were written by hands, yet known of these books were sold. Yes you will tell me, times have changed and the cost of f printing books are very costly, or we are far from one another, but the writers of the books of the old and New Testament were walking with their legs from one town to another, from one city to another in boats or ships or canoeing in very painful conditions, no electricity, no writing marterials like we have today, which made things much easier for us not to sell the books but to pass them from church to church. The olden days writers, they didn’t live the lives of luxury as the ministers of Jesus Christ of today. There is nothing wrong with having enough money but too much of it and evil use of it is contrary to God’s ways. Building palaces, mansions, living the lives of worldliness is out of the ways of God. Jesus Christ says in the gospel of John 17.15&16 says that we are in the world but not part of the world. The question these robbers should always ask themselves is What then must we think of those called Christians, who grow rich by fraud, oppression, and deceitful practices! Sowing seed is now the practices of these churches’ robbers. Knowing that to be accepted of God, must not be gained by unrighteousness and robbery, but by honesty and loyalty. God hates robbery for burnt-offerings.
There are so many things going on in the churches today that are not of Christ. Idolatrous articles like, soaps, water, oil, salt handkerchiefs and many more things as points of contacts between Christ and His saints. Expensive decorations on the altars of Christ, this nothing but using the altars of Christ as their living rooms. Fornications, adulteries,
The robbers of the churches of Jesus Christ all over the world Therefore consider the members of your earthly body as dead to extortion, exploitation, manipulation, hypocrisy robbing by tricks, immorality, impurity, evil passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.
Then He said to them, “Beware, and be on your guard against every form of greed; for not even when one has an abundance does his life consist of his possessions.”
But immorality or any impurity or greed must not even be named among you, as is proper among saints;
Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”
What shall we say then? Is the Law sin? May it never be! On the contrary, I would not have come to know sin except through the Law; for I would not have known about coveting if the Law had not said, “You shall not covet.”
being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,
deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness.
Incline my heart to Your testimonies
And not to dishonest gain.
But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead.
They come to you as people come, and sit before you as My people and hear your words, but they do not do them, for they do the lustful desires expressed by their mouth, and their heart goes after their gain.
1 Corinthians 6:10
nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 5:11
But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.
For this you know with certainty, that no immoral or impure person or covetous man, who is an idolater, has an inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.
2 Timothy 3:2
For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
2 Peter 2:3
and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
“But your eyes and your heart
Are intent only upon your own dishonest gain,
And on shedding innocent blood
And on practicing oppression and extortion.”
“Because of the iniquity of his unjust gain I was angry and struck him;
I hid My face and was angry,
And he went on turning away, in the way of his heart.
2 Peter 2:14
having eyes full of adultery that never cease from sin, enticing unstable souls, having a heart trained in greed, accursed children;
“For from the least of them even to the greatest of them,
Everyone is greedy for gain,
And from the prophet even to the priest
Everyone deals falsely.
For the wicked boasts of his heart’s desire,
And the greedy man curses and spurns the Lord.
Now the Pharisees, who were lovers of money, were listening to all these things and were scoffing at Him.
Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens.
1 Thessalonians 2:5
For we never came with flattering speech, as you know, nor with a pretext for greed—God is witness—
“Woe to him who gets evil gain for his house
To put his nest on high,
To be delivered from the hand of calamity!
2 Corinthians 9:5
So I thought it necessary to urge the brethren that they would go on ahead to you and arrange beforehand your previously promised bountiful gift, so that the same would be ready as a bountiful gift and not affected by covetousness.
A leader who is a great oppressor lacks understanding,
But he who hates unjust gain will prolong his days.
1 Timothy 3:3
not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.
‘You shall not steal, nor deal falsely, nor lie to one another.
He who steals must steal no longer; but rather he must labor, performing with his own hands what is good, so that he will have something to share with one who has need.
For I, the Lord, love justice,
I hate robbery in the burnt offering;
And I will faithfully give them their recompense
And make an everlasting covenant with them.
Hear this, you who trample the needy, to do away with the humble of the land
What does the Bible say about Extortion? Here are 25 verses related to Extortion. Use this table of contents to go to any section
- 11 Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
- 4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.
- 12 In thee have they taken gifts to shed blood; thou hast taken usury and increase, and thou hast greedily gained of thy neighbours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, saith the Lord GOD.
- 25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
- 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
1 CORINTHIANS 5:10,11
- 10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.1 Corinthians 5:10
- 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.1 Corinthians 5:11
1 CORINTHIANS 6:10
- 10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
- 31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
- 13 And there was no bread in all the land; for the famine was very sore, so that the land of Egypt and all the land of Canaan fainted by reason of the famine.Genesis 47:13
- 14 And Joseph gathered up all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corn which they bought: and Joseph brought the money into Pharaoh’s house.Genesis 47:14
- 15 And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came unto Joseph, and said, Give us bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.Genesis 47:15
- 16 And Joseph said, Give your cattle; and I will give you for your cattle, if money fail.Genesis 47:16
- 17 And they brought their cattle unto Joseph: and Joseph gave them bread in exchange for horses, and for the flocks, and for the cattle of the herds, and for the asses: and he fed them with bread for all their cattle for that year.Genesis 47:17
- 18 When that year was ended, they came unto him the second year, and said unto him, We will not hide it from my lord, how that our money is spent; my lord also hath our herds of cattle; there is not ought left in the sight of my lord, but our bodies, and our lands:Genesis 47:18
- 19 Wherefore shall we die before thine eyes, both we and our land? buy us and our land for bread, and we and our land will be servants unto Pharaoh: and give us seed, that we may live, and not die, that the land be not desolate.Genesis 47:19
- 20 And Joseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharaoh; for the Egyptians sold every man his field, because the famine prevailed over them: so the land became Pharaoh’s.Genesis 47:20
- 21 And as for the people, he removed them to cities from one end of the borders of Egypt even to the other end thereof.Genesis 47:21
- 22 Only the land of the priests bought he not; for the priests had a portion assigned them of Pharaoh, and did eat their portion which Pharaoh gave them: wherefore they sold not their lands.Genesis 47:22
- 23 Then Joseph said unto the people, Behold, I have bought you this day and your land for Pharaoh: lo, here is seed for you, and ye shall sow the land.Genesis 47:23
- 24 And it shall come to pass in the increase, that ye shall give the fifth part unto Pharaoh, and four parts shall be your own, for seed of the field, and for your food, and for them of your households, and for food for your little ones.Genesis 47:24
- 25 And they said, Thou hast saved our lives: let us find grace in the sight of my lord, and we will be Pharaoh’s servants.Genesis 47:25
- 26 And Joseph made it a law over the land of Egypt unto this day, that Pharaoh should have the fifth part; except the land of the priests only, which became not Pharaoh’s.Genesis 47:26
What does the Bible say about? Colossians 3:5
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.
“Woe to him who gets evil gain for his house, to set his nest on high, to be safe from the reach of harm! You have devised shame for your house by cutting off many peoples; you have forfeited your life. For the stone will cry out from the wall, and the beam from the woodwork respond.
And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?
Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let him who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? declares the Lord. Is not my word like fire, declares the Lord, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.’
You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north;
What does the Bible say about?
And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.
For I the Lord love justice; I hate robbery and wrong; I will faithfully give them their recompense, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them.
All my bones shall say, “O Lord, who is like you, delivering the poor from him who is too strong for him, the poor and needy from him who robs him?”
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
But let justice roll down like waters, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, and shrewd in their own sight!
An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous, but one whose way is straight is an abomination to the wicked.
Though the cords of the wicked ensnare me, I do not forget your law.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. They shall build up the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations.
Behold, all souls are mine; the soul of the father as well as the soul of the son is mine: the soul who sins shall die.
“None of the daughters of Israel shall be a cult prostitute, and none of the sons of Israel shall be a cult prostitute. You shall not bring the fee of a prostitute or the wages of a dog into the house of the Lord your God in payment for any vow, for both of these are an abomination to the Lord your God.
A Song of Ascents. Of David. If it had not been the Lord who was on our side— let Israel now say— if it had not been the Lordwho was on our side when people rose up against us, then they would have swallowed us up alive, when their anger was kindled against us; then the flood would have swept us away, the torrent would have gone over us; then over us would have gone the raging waters. …
Many are my persecutors and my adversaries, but I do not swerve from your testimonies.
Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, in accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body—Jews or Greeks, slaves or free—and all were made to drink of one Spirit. For the body does not consist of one member but of many. If the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” that would not make it any less a part of the body. …
Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, …
At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion of what was known as the Italian Cohort, a devout man who feared God with all his household, gave alms generously to the people, and prayed continually to God. About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God come in and say to him, “Cornelius.” And he stared at him in terror and said, “What is it, Lord?” And he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have ascended as a memorial before God. And now send men to Joppa and bring one Simon who is called Peter. …
Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place. And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” …
And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?” And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” And he said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.” But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” …
At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry, and they began to pluck heads of grain and to eat. But when the Pharisees saw it, they said to him, “Look, your disciples are doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath.” He said to them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the bread of the Presence, which it was not lawful for him to eat nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests? Or have you not read in the Law how on the Sabbath the priests in the temple profane the Sabbath and are guiltless? …
“Cry aloud; do not hold back; lift up your voice like a trumpet; declare to my people their transgression, to the house of Jacob their sins. Yet they seek me daily and delight to know my ways, as if they were a nation that did righteousness and did not forsake the judgment of their God; they ask of me righteous judgments; they delight to draw near to God. ‘Why have we fasted, and you see it not? Why have we humbled ourselves, and you take no knowledge of it?’ Behold, in the day of your fast you seek your own pleasure, and oppress all your workers. Behold, you fast only to quarrel and to fight and to hit with a wicked fist. Fasting like yours this day will not make your voice to be heard on high. Is such the fast that I choose, a day for a person to humble himself? Is it to bow down his head like a reed, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? Will you call this a fast, and a day acceptable to the Lord? …
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.
Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God finished his work that he had done, and he rested on the seventh day from all his work that he had done. So God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it God rested from all his work that he had done in creation. These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens. When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up—for the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground, …
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day. …
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment; if he did not spare the ancient world, but preserved Noah, a herald of righteousness, with seven others, when he brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; if by turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to ashes he condemned them to extinction, making them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard); …
But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?” We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified. But if, in our endeavor to be justified in Christ, we too were found to be sinners, is Christ then a servant of sin? Certainly not! For if I rebuild what I tore down, I prove myself to be a transgressor. …
On a Sabbath, while he was going through the grainfields, his disciples plucked and ate some heads of grain, rubbing them in their hands. But some of the Pharisees said, “Why are you doing what is not lawful to do on the Sabbath?” And Jesus answered them, “Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and took and ate the bread of the Presence, which is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those with him?” And he said to them, “The Son of Man is lord of the Sabbath.”
One Sabbath he was going through the grainfields, and as they made their way, his disciples began to pluck heads of grain. And the Pharisees were saying to him, “Look, why are they doing what is not lawful on the Sabbath?” And he said to them, “Have you never read what David did, when he was in need and was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God, in the time of Abiathar the high priest, and ate the bread of the Presence, which it is not lawful for any but the priests to eat, and also gave it to those who were with him?” And he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.
The disciples said to him, “If such is the case of a man with his wife, it is better not to marry.” But he said to them, “Not everyone can receive this saying, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let the one who is able to receive this receive it.”
Now in the days of Ahasuerus, the Ahasuerus who reigned from India to Ethiopia over 127 provinces, in those days when King Ahasuerus sat on his royal throne in Susa, the capital, in the third year of his reign he gave a feast for all his officials and servants. The army of Persia and Media and the nobles and governors of the provinces were before him, while he showed the riches of his royal glory and the splendor and pomp of his greatness for many days, 180 days. And when these days were completed, the king gave for all the people present in Susa, the citadel, both great and small, a feast lasting for seven days in the court of the garden of the king’s palace. …
Then David came to Nob to Ahimelech the priest. And Ahimelech came to meet David trembling and said to him, “Why are you alone, and no one with you?” And David said to Ahimelech the priest, “The king has charged me with a matter and said to me, ‘Let no one know anything of the matter about which I send you, and with which I have charged you.’ I have made an appointment with the young men for such and such a place. Now then, what do you have on hand? Give me five loaves of bread, or whatever is here.” And the priest answered David, “I have no common bread on hand, but there is holy bread—if the young men have kept themselves from women.” And David answered the priest, “Truly women have been kept from us as always when I go on an expedition. The vessels of the young men are holy even when it is an ordinary journey. How much more today will their vessels be holy?” …
14 Bible Verses about
Most Relevant Verses
1 Thessalonians 4:6
and that no man transgress and defraud his brother in the matter because the Lord is the avenger in all these things, just as we also told you before and solemnly warned you.
and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them.
The acquisition of treasures by a lying tongue
Is a fleeting vapor, the pursuit of death.
2 Corinthians 11:14
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.
And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you.
“Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
1 Timothy 4:1
But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 Timothy 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires,
2 Timothy 3:1-5
But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,read more.
2 Peter 2:14
having eyes full of adultery that never cease from sin, enticing unstable souls, having a heart trained in greed, accursed children;
If you see oppression of the poor and denial of justice and righteousness in the province, do not be shocked at the sight; for one official watches over another official, and there are higher officials over them. After all, a king who cultivates the field is an advantage to the land.
“Everyone deceives his neighbor
And does not speak the truth,
They have taught their tongue to speak lies;
They weary themselves committing iniquity.
“As a partridge that hatches eggs which it has not laid,
So is he who makes a fortune, but unjustly;
In the midst of his days it will forsake him,
And in the end he will be a fool.”
Therefore because you impose heavy rent on the poor
And exact a tribute of grain from them,
Though you have built houses of well-hewn stone,
Yet you will not live in them;
You have planted pleasant vineyards, yet you will not drink their wine.
Hypocrites don’t practice what they preach. They say one thing, but do another. There are many people who claim all Christians are hypocrites without knowing the definition of the word and without knowing what being a Christian means.
Hypocrite Definition – a person who claims or pretends to have certain beliefs about what is right but who behaves in a way that disagrees with those beliefs.
Are there religious hypocrites out there who try to appear holy and smarter than everyone else, but are filled with hypocrisy and wickedness? Of course, but there are also people who seek to do God’s will above everything else. Sometimes people are just immature believers.
Sometimes people have backslidden, but if someone is truly a child of God they will not continue to live in carnality. God will work in the lives of His children to conform them into the image of Christ. We must pray that God removes the spirit of hypocrisy from our lives. This post will cover everything about hypocrisy.
- “If men’s religion prevails not to conquer and cure the wickedness of their hearts, it shall not always serve for a cloak. The day is coming when hypocrites will be stripped of their fig-leaves.” Matthew Henry
- “While the Christian commits a sin he hates it; whereas the hypocrite loves it while he forbears it.” William Gurnall
- “No one is so miserable as the poor person who maintains the appearance of wealth.” Charles Spurgeon
- “Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst.” C.S. Lewis
Many people use Matthew 7 to say that you are a hypocrite if you point out someone else’s sin, but this passage is not talking about judging it is talking about hypocritical judging. How can you point out someone else’s sin when you are doing the same thing or worse?
1. Matthew 7:1-5 “Don’t judge others, or you will be judged. You will be judged in the same way that you judge others, and the amount you give to others will be given to you. “Why do you notice the little piece of dust in your friend’s eye, but you don’t notice the big piece of wood in your own eye? How can you say to your friend, ‘Let me take that little piece of dust out of your eye? Look at yourself! You still have that big piece of wood in your own eye. You hypocrite! First, take the wood out of your own eye. Then you will see clearly to take the dust out of your friend’s eye.
2. Romans 2:21-22 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
People who live in hypocrisy to what they profess to be will be denied Heaven. You can’t be a hypocrite and be a Christian. You can’t have one foot in and one foot out.
3. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven. On that day many will say to Me, Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, drive out demons in Your name, and do many miracles in Your name?’ Then I will announce to them, I never knew you! Depart from Me, you lawbreakers!’
This chapter starts off by saying beware of dogs. Beware of people who teach salvation is not by faith alone. They seek to follow the law, but they themselves are not even following the law perfectly. They are hypocrites, they have no mercy, and they are without humility.
4. Philippians 3:9 and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ–the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.
Hypocrites could look like John MacArthur, but on the inside they are full of deception.
5. Matthew 23:27-28″Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean. In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
Hypocrites talk about Jesus, pray, etc. But their hearts are not cooperating.
6. Mark 7:6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
Many people know the Bible front and back, but they are not living the life that they recite to others.
7. James 1:22-23 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.
Hypocrites may have remorse over sins, but they never change. There is a difference between worldly and godly sorrow. Godly sorrow leads to repentance. With worldly sorrow you are only sad that you got caught.
8. Matthew 27:3-5 When Judas, who had betrayed him, saw that Jesus was condemned, he was seized with remorseand returned the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and the elders. “I have sinned,” he said, “for I have betrayed innocent blood.” “What is that to us?” they replied. “That’s your responsibility.” So Judas threw the money into the temple and left. Then he went away and hanged himself.
Hypocrites are self-righteous and they think that they are better Christians than everyone so they look down upon others.
9. Luke 18:11-12 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people–robbers, evildoers, adulterers–or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
Christians submit to the righteousness of Christ. Hypocrites seek their own righteousness and their own glory.
10. Romans 10:3 Since they did not know the righteousness of God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
11. John 7:24 Stop judging by mere appearances, but instead judge correctly.”
12. Romans 14:1-3 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.
Hypocrites care about the small things, but not the important things.
13. Matthew 23:23 “Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices–mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law–justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
14. Romans 3:23-24 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
15. 1 John 1:8-9 If we say, “We have no sin,” we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
16. Matthew 24:51 He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Atheists are hypocrites.
17. Romans 1:18-22 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools
18. Romans 2:14-15 Even Gentiles, who do not have God’s written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. They demonstrate that God’s law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right.
Doing good deeds to be seen.
You are a hypocrite if you do things to be seen by others such as celebrities who turn on cameras to give to the poor. While you think that you have a good heart your heart is bad.
I would like to take the moment to add that some people give to the poor, but they neglect the people closest to them and they don’t show love and compassion to their family. We all have to examine ourselves and pray for this spirit of hypocrisy.
19. Matthew 6:1 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
20. Matthew 6:2 So whenever you give to the poor, don’t blow a trumpet before you like the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets so that they will be praised by people. I tell all of you with certainty, they have their full reward!
21. Matthew 6:5 When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full.
22. Matthew 23:5 They do all their deeds to be seen by others. For they make their phylacteries broad and their fringes long.
Fake friends are hypocrites.
23. Psalm 55:21 His talk is smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords.
24. Psalm 12:2 Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts.
Hypocrites can even receive the word and even show signs of good fruit for a while, but then they go back to their ways.
25. Matthew 13:20-21 The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.
Please if you have been living in hypocrisy you must repent and put your trust in Christ alone. If you are not saved please click here.
Writing books by the power of the Holy Spirit is very good. The writers or the ministers of God of today, sell the books to accumulate wealth and live the lives of luxury.
There are sixty six books in the bible, none of these books were sold, the apostles or the then leaders pass the books or epistles from one church to another church. These books were never sold. Despite the pains, the problems, the imprisonments, the floggings, and the killings of these authors, none of the books were sold but kept for us to read and understand for the glory of God.
How can the words above be practiced in almost all the churches of Jesus Christ all over the world and the minister of Jesus Christ are happy and live the lives of luxury at the expense of the saints of Jesus Christ. Theses ministers of Jesus Christ are not even ashamed of these their ways of live and the Jesus Christ they proclaimed to serve. They accumulate wealth, built palaces, mansions and live in first class hotels at the expense of the saints of Jesus Christ of Nazareth who suffered the worst humiliations that any one can imagine.
These extortionist of Jesus Christ’s churches all over the world explain the word of the bible to the saints of Jesus Christ to impart in them Spiritual things of the bible, but do they do that, NO, instead they played on the emotional Ives of this saints in away that the books will apparently appeal to them and sell the books at exorbitant prices. The revenue of theses books they used for their wicked lifestyle. They even boast of the Holy Spirit of God that He inspired them to write the books so as to convinced the saints to buy them.
Thcovetousness, extortions, exploitations, and manipulations in the Christ’s churches all over the world
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.
It is very very sad that the word of God has been ignored in His churches today like never before regarding what the ministers of God are doing in His churches and with His saints.
Churches’ are called covetousness as propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ in the unlimited books that they write and sell to the saints of Jesus Christ at exorbitant amount and in an alarming rate. Calling this their deplorable actions as promoting the gospel of Jesus Christ. Buy one get one free like what the supermarkets are doing. There is nothing wrong with writing books on explanation on the word of God to enlighten the less knowledgeable among the saints of Jesus Christ. But what the authors get from the sales of these unlimited books and how they are being used are for feeding their own bellies is what is completely against what was written in the bible. The apostles wrote more books than the ministers of God today, but the did not sell them, instead, they pass the books from one church to the other. All the epistles that they wrote were distributed to the churches and did not sell the words of God. The ministers of today have gone beyond what the bible teaches the first churches in this maters of selling books the wisdom they got from God and then exploit the saints of Jesus Christ. These books were forced on the saints and sometimes made it a com-potion for the saints in their manipulative ways. Some of these saints could not afford to buy these books but have to force themselves to buy them on their merger earnings. Some have to do without food in order to buy these books. So also some things like cups, on which the wrote “God is love” and sell them for £17.99 or £20.00 or even more. They use God name to deceive the saints of Christ in buy anything that bears God’s name, knowing that the saints love their God.
They even make jewelleries for sale like the crosses to remind them of the cross that Jesus Christ died upon. Why would anyone, or ministers of God make crosses for sale? The Almighty God made each human being in the shape of a cross from the creation of the word. Wearing man- made crosses is as saints of Jesus Christ is even against the word of God. Every saint of Jesus Christ is always a reminder of the the cross that Christ died upon and will always be like that until Jesus Christ comes to he second time.
Is your church or leader one of these? Please “STOP”